Catching Up with Us...

Notes on the latest events that we're too lazy to call you about...

Monday, April 09, 2007

Right Ear, Left Ear... Time to Harvest Them All!

Late Saturday, we came home from spending a day on Angel Island... more on that trip in a second. So upon return home, I saw that the ears grew. Again, I thought it was enough of a roll underneath to snip. Scissor trim to the right and to the left, and we've got a harvest! I left the nose, because it wasn't ready. It turns out that I may be trimmed a bit too early. Sigh. The nose got huge by Monday and will be the ripest Shelby 'Shroom. The block is currently resting for a couple of weeks before I dunk her for a day and start the spritzing all over again. My next few updates on Shelby 'Shroom will be more condensed as there isn't too much change going on anymore.

Future batches are supposed to yield more mushrooms. It supposedly isn't uncommon to have large 'shrooms or a bunch of little ones the first time around. The Web site for the company is www.fungi.com. Under their indoor mushroom kit, there's a video of the growth cycle. It's pretty cool. Hopefully, my block will be covered in 'shrooms one day and not just two ears and a nose.

Snip Snip.













Basket of the Harvest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home