Catching Up with Us...

Notes on the latest events that we're too lazy to call you about...

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen... We Have 'Shrooms!

There are now a number of mushrooms growing out of Shelby. Last night, J pointed out that it looked like it was upside down. It was. I had flipped it over after the 24-hour soak, because the top hadn't been as submerged as the bottom. He noticed that there were some growths from the "bottom" and suggested I flip it over. I did. That also means I had to touch it again. It still feels like a giant mushroom sponge.

Now that it's on a baking sheet, I think Shelby can grow wider than previously. I find new 'shrooms every time I look. The first one, see my last photo below, is my pride and joy. The first baby is almost the most precious. I may not do daily updates anymore unless things drastically change. I'm waiting for the day when I look and find one-inch plus 'shrooms out of each side. It'd be like a 'shroom 'fro. How cool would that be?

Overall Mushroom patch:










With Bunny:













Added Growths Everywhere:













First and Most Exciting Shroom Growth to Date:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

shittakes + peeps = yum!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home