Catching Up with Us...

Notes on the latest events that we're too lazy to call you about...

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Going back to New Years Eve 2006 ... Welcoming in 2007!

* Per request, I have moved this post back so they would all flow chronologically. Be on the lookout for new posts to pop up in chron order.

My mom and sister came to visit after Christmas and before the New Year. They spent a couple of nights at our place. We took a second trip to Scharffen Berger and did the whole tour around the factory one more time. N wasn't feeling so great but we had a good time taking in some sights before heading back to our place for a homecooked meal. After talking about how I've been trying to cook, they came up to visit so I could actually make them something. J and I decided on making some smoked salmon (with the stovetop smoker), risotto and Caesar salad. My mom claims its the best meal she's had in a while. She also said a week later that she was still thinking about it and her mouth was watering. I think mom was happy and also relieved that her non-cooking daughter wouldn't be starving anytime soon.

After dinner, we sat back and relaxed by the TV watching the countdown. We got their sleeping space ready as they enjoy our sleeping on our couch and our Aerobed. Funny to know that night, KittyBee jumped on the couch with my sister and lay by her legs Aww. So after a good rest, J got our peach juice and Prosecco ready for BELLINIs!

As you can see, Mom was also enjoying the bellinis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home