Catching Up with Us...

Notes on the latest events that we're too lazy to call you about...

Sunday, March 25, 2007

San Francisco Shopping Center - Our First Visit

Once the SF Shopping Center expanded, I took a trip on my own to check out a few things. Oh wait. I got some odd invitation from Bloomingdale's about coming to their opening. The funny thing is that I've only shopped in Bloomie's once in my life -- because I had a gift card. It's a bit rich for me. I'm too cheap for my own good and haven't embraced Bloomie's the way most people do. So when they invited me, who was I to refuse. It was a quick trip into the city, stood in line (it moved quickly) and got a nice, shiny $20 gift card. My previous gift card was a holiday gift from work. This card was from Bloomie's itself had no strings attached or real history at all. I'm still thinking I ended up on the invite list, because I had been part of Wedding Channel. Anyhow, I got a Laura Mercier lipstick with my gift card. Love the lipstick and now a bit more fondness for Bloomie's.

Anyhow, when Johnny and I went to the SF Shopping Center. We wandered around. We found Stonehouse Oils, enjoyed the flavors. Then we also found Lupicia. It should not be confused with Propecia, the wonder hair growth drug. Super heavenly Japanese tea store. We never noticed it at Stonestown (or haven't gone to it since it opened). We had such a good time in the store. We bought a couple of pouches. Since then, we still have the tea (drinking slowly), bought more and continue to enjoy the tea. I ended up putting all our tea into our pralines box from New Orleans. We are building up a variety and have enjoyed each and every cup. We've had strawberry and vanilla (great with a bit of cream/milk), apple and berry, muscat, champagne rose (there are fizzy balls in there, fun!), and a holiday blend called Jingle Bells. I got other packs for my coworkers and sister; they've all been fans. If you enjoy tea, this is a good shop to hang out in. You can smell containers; sometimes you can sample teas, too. There's a lot in each pack. Oh and if you buy any, see if they give you any samples. They usually have 'em. They've given me one each time I bought stuff. When I asked for a few extra for friends, I got more packets of the flavor you couldn't buy in the store. Fun, fun!

We also found the old Emporium dome that was too lovely for words. We snapped a few shots from the couches on the top floor. We also took a few funny shots of ourselves.



Still catching up on blog posts. I got to get caught up to this past weekend. Must get to the mushrooms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home